1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Proposing a new form of dementia

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ellen, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

TMS-Related Dementia: A temporary condition in which a person who has accepted the TMS diagnosis in the past is unable to recognize that newly present symptoms are, in fact, manifestations of TMS despite overwhelming evidence. Knowledge of TMS and length of time in TMS recovery does not necessarily protect a person from episodes of TMS-Related Dementia (TRD). However, anecdotal information suggests that the duration of episodes of TRD usually shorten over time, though frequency of episodes can remain intermittent throughout the lifespan.

:)

I had a bout of TRD last week.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    TG957, Dorado, Bodhigirl and 9 others like this.
  2. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

This is brilliant Ellen! We're all guilty of this, despite our bookshelves groaning under the weight of TMS books which we've read several times LOL!

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Love it!

4. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Brilliant! You so rock, Ellen! Mu-ah!

5. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Ahhhh This is wonderful Ellen!! Still laughing and so true!!:joyful:

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Was it TRD that I thought yesterday was going to be Thanksgiving?
    I was thinking a week early for the holiday.
    Maybe that's because I got two Thanksgiving cards in the mail that morning
    and the grocery ads have been all about sales on turkeys.

Forest likes this.
  7. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

Ha I just saw this while helping my migraine which has shown up in service to the rage I feel having owned and supposedly released my grief, the fires, my concussion and my nearly bonkers father transference i have in my marriage!
    How much deeper can I go??????!
    I suspect it’s ISM. The ism in my goodist perfectionism that leads me to make codependent choices, to be pleasing instead of self preserving:
    Ism = I Sabotage Myself or
    Incredibly Short Memory!
    I forget and need a daily reminder that I suffer from a complex mindbody syndrome. how can I remember what I must forget?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    TG957 likes this.