1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 Progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by msagansk, Jul 16, 2014.

1. msagansk

msagansk New Member

I've been finding the journaling to be helpful. I've always known that writing in a journal is mentally therapeutic, but I have never stuck to it as a habit in my life. This back-pain of mine may just be the motivation to make writing a habit. I've noticed that I feel more emotional now than I can remember being lately. The back-pain comes and goes in waves, and I'm starting to notice it more when I am "triggered" by something stressful. I've noticed more feelings of anxiety in my chest, that is actually there for most of my day. I don't really like it and probably repressed it in the past. I have brief periods of time where the anxiety isn't there and I feel quite peaceful, but the anxiety bothers me most of the time.

I'm even on vacation right now and I find I can't quite completely relax. I feel like I should be doing this or that, and I put pressure on myself. At least I realize that now, and am aware of it. However, I don't like putting so much pressure on myself and wish I would lighten up a bit.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, msagansk. I'm glad you're journaling, even while on vacation, because it is one of the best
    TMS techniques for healing. But maybe just spend no more than 20 minutes a day on journaling,
    especially while on vacation. Spend the rest of your day, every day, just enjoying life.