1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 5 Progress!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by BamBam, Oct 13, 2015.

1. BamBam

BamBam New Member

Day 4 involved a 9 hour drive from Nevada City, CA to Salt Lake City, UT. It was my turn at the wheel and a drive of that length usually involves lots of tension, stretching and trying to find relief from the pain. Amazingly, I felt very little pain the entire drive! On top of that, I felt so good on our day off yesterday that I basically practiced all day. Usually just 10-15 minutes of practice would lead to all sorts of tension. The fact that I've been able to sleep in the van, make a long drive, and practice for multiple hours on this tour, all without any of the regular physical therapy type activities that I usually employ is pretty amazing to me. It definitely reinforces my belief in the TMS diagnosis. I feel hopefull for the first time in so long. I'm on the fence about practicing today. I really want to because I love working on new things and getting better, but I also don't want to push it if I'm feeling tired and a little burnt out from yesterday's productivity. I skipped my Day 5 activities yesterday but resumed today. I did some great journaling about the rejection I experienced from girls as a boy. There's a lot of pain there but it felt good to journal about it and honor some of those emotions instead of trying to ego my way thru them. Excited to keep moving forward.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome news, BamBam! Isn't this just the most amazing work?