1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Progress Update

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sunny, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Sunny

Sunny Newcomer

I have made some progress in my journey but I am still a little bit skeptical because in the past I have had progress which turned out to be temporary. I still believe generally speaking in the TMS approach and my resolve grows each day I continue doing the Structured Educational Program and associated journaling. I am also seeing a therapist but she is not versed in TMS (all therapists should be IMO).

My symptoms get markedly worse whenever I read and do journaling on TMS. Yesterday during a meditation, I felt blood flow return to my pelvic floor and had improved symptoms throughout the day. It was an amazing feeling being back in touch with my pelvic floor. I am starting to notice the psychological patterns across past experiences that build up to TMS. I am having some great moments wherein I totally forget about my symptoms. I am also starting to notice poor mental habits in dealing with prior and current experiences as they arise in the mind.

After a great day yesterday in terms of symptoms, I woke up today with intense anxiety. I know I can still do much to relieve myself of the anxiety by, for example, seeing a TMS physician and officially ruling out what other doctors already have.

2. Rosebud

Rosebud Peer Supporter

So do mine! I just had it happen to me again, but now I'm quicker to realise it. And eventually, it gets better. Could be 10 minutes, could be half an hour, so we're not talking days or weeks here. I'm a bit of a slowpoke that way, but that's OK. It's still quick enough that the link is believable.

I had the plan to start a thread each day, because that's how I wanted to express my commitment, but I'm starting to doubt the wisdom in that. Seeing my icon pop up so often on the first page bothers me somehow. So, from now on, I will reply to a recent-ish thread about the same day, unless what I want to post can really be seen as a stand-alone story. If my post isn't much more than "what they said", I will just tack it onto someone else's story. That way, it might even (re)start a discussion, who knows!

3. Ivanka

Ivanka Peer Supporter

My experience was quite the opposite. The first day when I started the SEP I had a burning sensation/pain in my knees. After I finished, the burning sensation immediately went away. There was still pain left, but I felt better.

Today is day 5 for me. Yesterday I had the usual pain in my knees, a lot of pain in my arms and neck. Today I woke up without all these familiar pains (without knee pain after very long time!!!), they were replaced with severe period pain and headache. I took some painkillers for that, as I always do and untill late afternoon I was pretty ok, and then out of the blue came neck pain. But different that my usual neck pain.
    I'm doing my best to ignore it and go about my bussiness. Altough it hurts it's still kinda funny to see my mind getting creative in producing new simptoms.
    Whenever I think of the pain, I laugh at it and tell it that it's not going to to fool me this time.
    I'm curious to see what tomorrow brings :D