1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Progress so far

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by meubem, Nov 1, 2017.

1. meubem

meubem Newcomer

So, last week (the first week of the program) was GREAT - I felt a huge reduction in pain and felt like I was finally in control of my body for the first time in a long time. But going back to work on Monday I felt like I was back to square one - overwhelmed by the stresses of a new job, to the point of not really being able to remember how I captured that magic of the first week. I felt very disappointed - I was really looking forward to being able to say that I had been pain free since the date I began the program.

Today has been a moderately painful day, but I just received The Divided Mind from the library and have started to read it, and am hopeful that I will get back on track soon. I also found a therapist who I'll start seeing next week, which I think will also help me stay on track. This experience has already been enlightening - I've realized so many things about my TMS that had never occurred to me before.

georgethee likes this.
  2. JBG1963

JBG1963 Peer Supporter

How great that the first week went so well for you. I have found over the past year since discovering this work that there are ebbs and flows with the pain. The more I learn and remind myself about the concepts the longer I go with less pain and when it does come, it's not as intense. It really helped me to stop focusing on the prize or the goal. Taking the pressure off is very healing in itself. Good luck to you!

3. georgethee

georgethee Peer Supporter

Hi Meubem, how are you feeling this week?