1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Progress, now fell back

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by limitless, Jun 30, 2019.

1. limitless

limitless Newcomer

I had an accident when lifting a palm tree two years ago. I couldn't move for almost 1 week.

After I went to see the chirpractor for almost 3 months. It got better but never really went away.

I realized that I started living with the pain and it held me back drastically. I didn't go out as I can't focus on what other people tell me and having fun when the pain distracts me all the time.

Three to four months ago I found out about TMS. I started ro realize that I pish myself to hard. I am an entrepreneur and built something up and then lost almost everything. I came back and built something better but in order to do that I needed to also have a second job to secure income, as building up a business can be expensive. You pay private bills and company bills, while not a lot comes in company-wise.

In my mind I always was unsatisfied with this situation. Through TMS I found out, that I am quite harsh too myself or feel not enough because I didn't make it back yet.

Two months ago I started to see good progress with the TMS program. Suddenly, I had great energy in the morning. I even went jogging 6 miles three times a week again. The pain was gone mostly.

I started stretching as I wanted to be more flexible. But since then the Piriformis, butt muscle, sheen (outside) and lower back are very tight again. Their so cramped but I am not able to feel any large fear.
    But to be honest, I realized that there is still a slight fear that days pass by and I am 'not there yet' on some days.

Last two days were very painful and I didn't move a lot because my left leg was a bit swollen at the ankle. I was sitting too much for years and blood flow might have been less optimal in this area.

Today in an early summer morning said myself I will move, no matter what.

I went jogging. The first few steps were so robotic. Very cramped. I kept going. The legs were fine but the lower back was still quite stiff.

At the end the pain was much less and I felt great. No leg pain but the lower back is still a bit tight.

I'm 100% sure this is TMS but I somehow can't beat it completely yet.

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

You don't beat TMS in the 'physical' world. You beat it in your mental/emotional/spiritual world... the 'outcome' is that the symptoms stop, but the only do so because we acknowledge THAT stuff. Something surfacy like "I put a lot of stress on myself' might be OK for posting on the forum, BUT You have to go a lot deeper than that. Switch your brain from checking whether or not the symptoms are there , to whether or Not you are really OK with your Family/partner/financial/mortality/ emotional world and then you'll be golden!

limitless likes this.
  3. limitless

limitless Newcomer

Thanks for your answer.

As written I was pain free which I achieved mentally. But I realized that jogging helps me greatly to reprogram the mind. If the brain realizes that during jogging I have no pain and I do it over then it's easier to change the thinking pattern to keep up physical activity without any harm.

And no, not everything is okay. As I wrote I lost everything some years ago and had to re-build everything. I was stuck mentally for a long time while everybody always looked up to me and always thought I know how stuff works. Some even envied me even at this stage. The only one who didn't believe in me was me.

I pushed myself and I worked two jobs 100%. Sometimes from 7am until 11pm.
    I did this for several years when I realized I am going to hard. And my social life suffered greatly.

So to this day I still didn't reach my minimum goal for my second project. I am not free to decide and put together a team as I wish.

This moves me almost everyday. I am grateful for everything I have but the fact that I am not there yet even I know how to do it. I need to accept that it needs time but then last time my competitors (big cotporations) came along, copied everything and I was done. At this stage everything else in my life fell apart.

Now, the speed of implementation part is pushing me subconsciously as I know big players can do it again.

I think a lot about mental issues and am greatly aware of my environment but it's not that easy to balance progress vs. relaxation.

I found a lot of child hood and teenage trauma where I was treating myself not so well as I always was the sidelined guy.

I hope this gives a more clear image.

Edit: I am fully aware that even the accident was only 'the result' of my emotional built-up stress. But since I made progress with TMS I wondered why I suddenly fell back.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019