1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Progress, I guess

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Regrowth, May 21, 2015.

1. Regrowth

Regrowth New Member

[2015/05/21]
    My progress has been… confusing? I'm not sure what the best word to describe it is. I’ve never really dealt with something that’s non-linear like this. Usually, you take a medicine and you gradually get better (or nothing happens); same with surgery and other interventions. This one feels all over the place.

I feel like my back is not in pain unless I notice my back is not in pain, and then my back is in pain. Cute. But I just try to roll with it, because I think it’s just my unconcious mind trying to figure out new ways to distract me. I’ve also had a headache for the better part of today, which makes me wonder if that is just another distraction tactic. Or maybe I’m paranoid. Either way, my approach is still the same: feel my emotions and do not let the pain distract me from living my life.

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Yep, yep, thats how it starts! You are on your way! Its like a forreign language, but it does start becoming clearer! Or sitting on the porch before sunrise and watching the light make the shapes start to make sense. Haha, that only works in rural areas where it is dark before dawn ;)

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Regrowth. Lizzy is right. Your back pain will go away when you fully 100 percent believe it is TMS and discover its emotional cause.
    The SEP will help you. Journaling will lead you to discovering your repressed emotions.