1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Positive thoughts before going to sleep

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by veronica73, Apr 11, 2012.

1. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

I read this Wayne Dyer quote on Facebook yesterday and thought I'd share...I know a few of us have written about waking up with pain or anxiety in the night so this might help:

Forest likes this.
  2. Lori

Lori Well known member

Excellent. This is why I don't usually watch tv (especially the news!) before I go to bed. I remember reading that we take what we've been watching/reading/talking about into our dream state. And I want peaceful sleep. I find praying after the light is off to be helpful too.

Cheers !!

3. honeybear424

honeybear424 Well known member

I haven't watched the news prior to going to bed for years. Don't want to fill my mind with negative stuff before sleep.

Thanks for posting this idea, Veronica!

4. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Unfortunately DH has the tv on in the bedroom because he has trouble falling asleep otherwise. My subconscious mind must pick up all sorts of nasty things to dream about. Perhaps that's why I wake up with headaches!

5. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

It's amazing the negative stuff that's on tv. Even if you're just watching sit-coms a huge portion of the commercials are for medications, a lot of which are for conditions that probably fall under TMS.
    Maybe your husband can listen with headphones or you can fall asleep with your ipod or something?