1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Pondering...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by hecate105, Jun 26, 2013.

1. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I do like to ponder - it is a lovely bit of the course after an awful journaling bit!
    I have had constant pain for more than 20 years and I am having great success at 'zapping' it and calling it out. It really works. But I have not been able to attribute it to a particular emotion that I have felt. I think I have repressed so much from childhood onwards that my 'reservoir' of rage/sorrow/fear is brimming with it all! Therefore - pain, lots of it, all the time. As I work thru the programme I hope I will get to a place where I can link the specific emotion to the pain, I will be well on the way to recovery then...

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Hecate,
    Like you I have repressed so much from my childhood that I feel nothing. In a nanosecond it goes through my mind into my body as depression and physical pain. For me it is all the personality traits that drive me. At first I only recognized 2 but I kept going back to the list, of course, now finding I have them all. They have driven me all my life. And I have found they are all tied in together as far as creating pain. I find quite often that several at the same time are contributing. It takes time to unwind all the pieces.

Be patient with yourself. I do believe lack of patience is one of the traits of TMSers. It will come when it comes.

3. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Stella, yes I think you are right - I'm not a patient person.... Maybe being a 'patient' for so long was to teach me patience!