1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Please tell me that there will be a better day....

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by TG957, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Tension and pain everywhere: hands, wrists, knees, ankles, neck... have a hard time moving and feel like I am attacked from every side by spasms... I can't think of a particular stress factor that triggered it...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Sometimes it is like that. God knows why. I gave up looking for triggers after a while and endeavoured to carry on regardless. There will be much better days I can promise you that.

Sending you healing wishes and hoping the worst has already passed.

Plum x

mike2014 and Tennis Tom like this.
  3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

There's the key, carry on with your activities. Don't overthink it. Don't get mired down in psychobabbling--JUST DO IT! Positive distractions will make the TMS pain fade in sub-c time .

plum likes this.
  4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Tom, you are so right and Just Do It was the take-home message from Steve O's book for me. More doing, less thinking. :)

mike2014 likes this.
  5. TG957

Thank you both for replying! A better day came for me next day, and then I had few good days, and then another bad day.... Still hopeful, putting one foot in front of another..... My best wishes to both of you, Plum and Tom!

6. futuredancer

futuredancer Peer Supporter

Having good and bad days are one more confirmation of the TMS diagnosis. If it was physical, it wouldn't get good and than bad again. It is the mind struggling to keep its cover-up. Hang in there.

Ines likes this.
  7. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

TG, I hope your "better days" become more and more frequent. So sorry to hear of your recent pain.
    Blessings for pain free days.

8. TG957

Thank you, Gigi! Blessings!