1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me(Somatization suffering)

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by fanna786, Aug 13, 2013.

1. fanna786

fanna786 New Member

Hello everybody, I am farhan 31 years old, I am facing a problem from last 11 years, i feel pain in the back side of head(occipital). and every time dizzy, spikes of vertigo,pain, numbness in feet and hands. cant do any hardwork just like play any sports. Cant able to run if i run , i feel severe pain, numbness, tingling and vision is like shaking moving left right up down. My all test are normal like CT scan, MRI, EEG, Xray. Doctor told me that you are suffering from somatization disorder and gave me anti depressant. From last 11 years my problem triggers 6 to 8 times very intense that i have to spend time on bed nearly 4 to 6 months and have to take sertraline HCL continous. And slowly slowly i reached up to 150mg, starting from 50 mg. When i take medicine i feel better gradually, but never find myself 100 percent cure. Some days feel better then again pain and dizzy. it is up and down like a stock exchange graph. i saw the TMS forum and i am reading the Dr Sarno book "The divided mind". I am pretty much sure that i am facing a TMS. I am so much frustrate and exhausted that i cant explain here. I am doing Phd and i didnt start my research work from last one year. So guys please help me guide me, give suggestion too me what i have to do,,,,,,,,,i will be very thankful to all of you who is going forward to help me. Regards Farhan

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey fanna786 nice to see you here, I can help guide you
    first we have to see what p. of the divided mind are you on
    thatll tell me some but then I need to know what have you learned about TMS so far.
    You have to be strong and hold your head up,
    you said the docs said nothing was wrong right, so we have to get you to knowing that yourself
    even though your having all these issues - it has a lot to do with your fear and focus.
    You will have to stop your fear of the symptoms as the days go by.
    your conditioned by now or have made it a habit to fear the pain symptoms and
    also to focus on them, we have to get you to lose that focus which is also conditioned
    Start to tell yourself right now this is 100% TMS so I have nothing to fear
    because its just mild oxygen deprivation or some normal abnormality because of the fear and repressions.
    Then start right now on purpose learning mindfulness, heres a start at Dr Zafirides site the healthy mind
    it helped me a lot, http://www.thehealthymind.com/2012/09/27/mindfulness-how-to-reduce-stress-and-feel-happy-again/
    Then after you read this post come back and write some more so we can go over some more thoughts ok
    im sure youll have many others come in to help you- your in the place of healing, put a smile on your face on purpose and smile

fanna786 likes this.
  3. fanna786

fanna786 New Member

Thanks Eric, It is absolutely clear in my mind that i don't have any kind of psychical disease. I am quite sure that i am facing a problem of TMS. And these disorders are neither illness nor disease but rather symptomatic states produce by the brain to serve psychological purpose. I have to be strong and have to accept deeply that i have TMS. Now i am going to tell about my self.
    I have a thoughts in my mind every time, thinking about past most of the time , when i go to sleep again thinking thinking, so many plans for future and what i did in the past. Even when i was studying, eating or walking, something running in my mind. I try to divert my attention to some other place but difficult to me.
    I am very sensitive guy feels every little or big matters. Take everything emotional. Never consistent in doing things, work or something else. Very confuse kind of personality even sometime i wonder my self why i am not consistent on anything.
    I take much fear of the past, specially fear of that time when i have greater symptoms of vertigo,pain. I feel that if i do some hard work, play or do continuous work maybe those symptoms come back and hurt me. Even all day i fear about my symptoms what will happen in future if these are not cured.
    Most of the time thinking about my sins, previous guilt and so many thoughts.
    I think you can judge me in some instant that hows my personality is.
    So please give me advice what i have to do to eliminate my symptoms
    Regards
    Farhan

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

farhan786 I really believe if you practice Alan Gordon's program that you will
    have a great reduction in your symptoms- listen to the people he is talking to
    And also participate in his activities- it will help you farhan I know it will.
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program

It should take a couple of weeks at least so when your done tell me what you think
    Id also start the SEP program , its the journaling and other ideas that will help you
    get a lot of that tension and strain from the past off your mind.
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program

You should also stay in touch and ask more questions as the days go by
    Really believe this is it and put a smile on your face on purpose
    Also go to my blog that's at the bottom of my post and
    There you will learn a lot about The How tos and why nots of Tms
    http://go.tmswiki.org/ericwatson

You'll see, you'll be thanking me soon.
    God bless

fanna786 likes this.
  5. Stella

Stella Well known member

There is also the 42 day Structured Education Program on this site. Check it out. You are on your way to wellness.

fanna786 and Endless luke like this.
  6. PeterO

PeterO Peer Supporter

Hi Farnham.

Glad you have found this Wiki. A wonderful resource.

Reading your posts I would like to suggest that you
    might investigate the Alexander Technique which has
    a strong focus on improved use of the atlanto-occipital
    joint. F.M Alexander discovered that the dynamic
    relationship between the head and neck governs
    the workings of the entire body.

It was F.M. Alexander’s genius to realize that when
    the neck muscles do not overwork, the head balances
    on top of the spine, creating upward length and a lack
    of compression. If the head and neck are in a state of
    dynamic balance, then the muscles of the back have
    the potential to lengthen and widen, the torso can
    expand, and the joints can move more freely thus
    creating an expanded physical awareness.

I find the Alexander Technique to be complementary
    to my TMS work especially that they both focus on
    developing a new response to our 'moment to moment'
    habits in the world. Much like TMS, it isn't a quick
    fix but of great benefit to understanding of self.

I suggest finding an experienced teacher in your locale.

Pete

fanna786 likes this.
  7. fanna786

fanna786 New Member

thanks Stella, Can you post the link of this program '42 day structured education program', i will be very thankful to you. regards farhan

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  8. Stella

Stella Well known member

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Farnham.
    You're getting great advice from Steve Ozanich, Herbie, Stella, and Fanna.
    They've put a lot on your TMS healing plate so I will just add that
    you are already journaling and learning about your repressed emotions,
    so you will get well. You're on your way. You know your pains aren't
    structural, they're psychological from guilt, etc. Be easy on yourself.
    You haven't been a bad person. You've just been human.
    Forgive others, forgive yourself. Watch the healing sweep over you.

10. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Quote)- Walt Glenview- Watch the healing sweep over you.

AWSOME and true

fanna786 likes this.
  11. fanna786

fanna786 New Member

Thank you very much Eric, I found your post so useful, and i am gradually on the way to overcome my symptoms, and i hope with the help of you awesome guys i will able to heal 100 percent. I have started the structured educational program and TMS recovery program, and your homepage have a lot of great information and i believe it will give courage to me. I will update my status day by day.
    Thanks again
    Regards
    Farhan

12. fanna786

fanna786 New Member

A great Qoute , 'Watch the healing sweep over you'. Thanks Walt, i am very happy that i found this TMS forum and great persons here.
    Regards
    Farhan

13. fanna786

fanna786 New Member

14. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank you Farhan, you really have your heart in the right place
    You Stay course and do as directed, love who you are
    Your healing will come
    God bless

fanna786 likes this.
  15. Endless luke

Endless luke Well known member

Farhan,
    You are getting some great suggestions here and I'd also recommend the SEP. You seem very conscious of what's happening with you and ready to do what's necessary to fix this...

16. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, Farhan,

You're going to heal, following the advice of others who are replying to you.
    It's really an exciting, wonderful journey toward healing. I'm actually glad I got the pain a year ago
    because it has led me to learn much more about myself and my past repressed emotions that have led me to healing.

I do suggest, as Dr. Sarno says in Healing Back Pain, that you don't spend a real lot of your time on techniques for healing or
    reasons why you have pain from repressed emotions from the past. Thinking too much each day on that can make it hard
    to get to sleep or return to sleep if you wake up.

I turn off the tv and computer at least an hour before I go to bed at about ten pm. I close my eyes and meditate,
    listening to calming classical or nature relaxation music. I try to think of being in a peaceful place like a sunny beach
    and breathe deeply and relax, telling myself affirmation mantras like "I am at peace. I feel calm. God loves me.
    God is with me, taking care of me."

Sleep well.

fanna786 likes this.
  17. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric) - Man that an awesome answer Walt. Im going to save it to my desktop
    This is a good set of rules farhan.

Thanks

fanna786 likes this.
  18. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Thanks, Herbie. It's all Sarno and Ozanich and Brady and you and the other good people of TMSWiki.

My head was pretty tired after last night's call-in. I'll email you about it.

19. Lala

Lala Well known member

Hi Walt! Hope you are well!

fanna786 likes this.
  20. fanna786

fanna786 New Member

Thanks Luke, i am really pleased that there are so many great guys here to support the suffering people.
    Regards
    farhan