1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Phsical activity

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MrSurvivor, Sep 23, 2019.

1. MrSurvivor

MrSurvivor New Member

I did some exercise yesterday for the first time in months. I am very conditioned that I will hurt myself every time I exercise or do any stretches, so I often get a flare up after every time I do anything physical. Strangely (or not so strangely) if I am just kind of active with my family I don't. 3-4 weeks ago I walked for hours with my son at Six Flags, but I haven't been able to do one set of stretches for months without sparking pain. Go figure! I think the challenge is I really want to change my life and go back to activity. I believe that I can and I start to do the things that in the past, knowing that I can't hurt myself because the problem isn't physical. It starts to work, and then I get one twinge of doubt and it flares up. I am like Luke Skywalker trying to lift the ship out of the swamp. Or Peter trying to walk on the water.

srilankamama, ssxl4000 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Conditioning is strange for sure. It's great you can see it for what it is. Before learning about TMS/MBS, I could walk around the grocery store for nearly an hour (a weekly chore), but something "unusual" like a trip to the mall with a similar amount of exertion might set off my symptoms. Shenanigans.