1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 12 Personality Traits

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MSZ812, Apr 5, 2017.

1. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

After reviewing the "Personality Traits" section, I've come to realize that my personality has a lot to do with my TMS, and not simply past events or current stress.

Stoic

I hide my feelings, not just from my friends/family but from myself.

I don't feel comfortable crying in front of others, and I find myself more numb than sad when tragedies happen.

By hiding my feelings, I hope to keep my family and friends from worrying about me.

Anxiety and Fear

I tend to believe that the worst possible outcome will happen when I'm sick/injured

I don't make friends very easily. I've known all of my closest friends since elementary school.

I never initiate meet ups with friends, for fear of rejection. I always wait for them to contact me. It's easier for me to say "I can't, I'm busy" than hearing it said to me.

Low Self Esteem

I generally believe that my first impressions are bad

I doubt my abilities, especially recently when looking for a new career

Homestead Hermit likes this.
  2. Homestead Hermit

Homestead Hermit Peer Supporter

Wow, I can't wait to get to Day 12 and delve into Personality Traits (I'm only on day 1). I've already been doing a lot of research on the subject and have come to the same conclusion about myself, have many of the exact same traits as you listed. I've especially been struggling with the friend aspect of myself...

MSZ812 likes this.