1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Personality Traits - Constant, Irrational Fear

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Willow, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Willow

Willow New Member

Hi All,

I'm back after taking a lovely break with friends down in Devon (England). At first I thought to myself that I should either wait until I return to start the SEP or that I should continue doing it every day throughout my break "because it's better to be consistent". Then I caught myself with the "shoulds" and I promptly told that that "should" to get lost, i'll do it anyway I please.

The break in itself had a big mission behind it. I am considering moving to Devon after having lived in smokey old London for most of my life and making such a big change is fearful. If I were to sum up TMS in one word it would be "fear" which is a bit generic but it does sum it up very well. My letter to "fear" focusses mostly on the irrational unnecessary ones;

You have been up until now controlling most of my life, I find you stifling and something of a fascist. You prey on my weaknesses and indeed you seem to multiply and intrude into all areas of my life, I think you are actually trying to kill me. But I see you now for what you really are, you hijack my "innocence" and twist my sincerety so as to suck out the very light that is my life, my being. I'm impressed with your power but you know what ? I'm not going to feed you anymore, this is why you have been so powerful. You are NOTHING without me, I am owner of my life and give you marching orders, so f**k off out of my life, you are a dirty stinking parasite with no power of your own. You are but an illusion.

Bye bye, don't call me and I won't call you !

Shells likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Willow. You're telling Fear to go f--k itself, and that's good. Try not to ever think the worst. It rarely if ever happens.
    Think THE BEST!

Moving to Devon could be great for you. I had a make a move a few years ago and it helped a lot to make a list... reasons why I would be leaving unhappy things behind and what I would gain by moving to a new place. It helped me to imagine myself in the happier place. Then I just moved there and it was a wonderful thing.

There are some excellent videos on Youtube about overcoming fear that you might take a look at.

3. Willow

Willow New Member

Thanks Walt, hope you're well.