1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Perimenopause and TMS???

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by maggie123, Oct 24, 2013.

1. honey badger

honey badger Peer Supporter

Lily Rose, that is an absolutely FANTASTIC post. Thank you so much for sharing that information. Good to know about soy and also about a plant based diet working for you better than meat. That's certainly worth a try. I found really interesting that you can trace and identify emotional triggers for your hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms. You show such a soothing and accepting view on our bodies' changes. It's inspiring to say the least, and it's a very positive, non-combative way of looking at our bodies as they age. Thank you for this. I have really benefited from hearing it.

Lily Rose likes this.
  2. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

What a lovely post to read first thing in the morning ^_^

Non-Combative. I think that is an excellent word. We are always assaulting ourselves, and the world around us, in so many ways. Inside our head, there are ravaged battlefields from our conscious and unconscious. Which is imprinted on every cell in our body. We are mostly liquid, and liquid is extremely sensitive to any vibration. Energy is vibration. You've seen a glass of water ripple at the slightest vibration? (This sends me to a scene from Jurassic Park where the dinosaur's steps shivered the water). That is how our bodies respond to everything. Some vibrations feel good (music!!). Some makes us wince (unexpected noise, loud voices, etc). This is all absorbed and becomes part of us.

Thoughts are energy. Emotions are energy. Our actions are energy.

I believe we have been granted use of these bodies, and use of this entire planet. They are gifts. If someone we love grants us a gift .... how we treat that gift reflects our attitude towards the provider of the gift.

A couple months ago I restarted my personal practice in front of my floor-mirror so that I could work on re-setting the alignment of my right shoulder. A couple years ago I had a severe collar bone dislocation and after it healed, I neglected to alter my body patterns. While doing some postures, I was very surprised to see how my muscles and skin had changed while in any position that involved gravity tugging at me. Was that .... sagging?? Then I started laughing. I never anticipated living past my early 40's and here I was actually entering this new and strange stage.

And it reminded me of this amazing photo ... (see attached). Could I be this graceful and accepting of this newest alteration to my body? (I hope to have this aging elegance in another 20-30 years:) )
    Fairy Queen Sharron Roads by Marsha Steckling.jpg

The Faerie Queen .... oh yes!

We are what we think we are. Last evening at the Fire Department Auxiliary meeting, I wore my newly made 'Faerie' wire-wrap ear cuffs that I had just learned to make. While this startled the other ladies, they are pretty accepting of my 'strangeness' ;)

Even to think "I am Light!" will subtly alter your body posture. Even if just for a moment.

Aging with Grace. Use your body. Flow your hands in patterns. Be dreamy.

Your body IS a gift.
    YOU are a Gift.
    The world is so much better because you are in it.

Be Love <3

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    plum likes this.
  3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Gorgeous post my love.

I am short on time but wanted to say thank you for such wise and beautiful words. For me the menopause is a renaissance for women. We are blessed with a choice: to become an Elder or to remain psychologically stunted and trapped in our confusions as our bodies increasingly become prey to marketers.

Susun Weed refers to hot flashes as kundalini which is an infinitely more empowering notion and not one I would wish to quell.

Here's to (s)ageing.

(and sagging :happy:)

Plum x

4. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

Renaissance for women ...... that brought Faerie arm bands and Elven ear cuffs directly to mind! I am very much enjoying making these adornments for my body. And of course, the swirling skirts are a must!

Prey to marketers, indeed! So many lies told over so many generations by these massive industries. There was a time, long long ago, when women knew how to treat their bodies, and how to enhance their magic with connections to the Land. We need to reconnect, to remember, to breathe in the scent of flowers and to listen to the whispers of Trees and sing with the Rivers, and to sync our hearts to the Ocean's rhythm.

Saging .... always a good practice. I keep my Sage stick on my kitchen counter. ;)

We age, our body softens, and hopefully, our hearts softens, too <3

.... with Love and Gratitude ^_^