1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 15 People I've told about RSI (question to ponder)

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by rsiman, Sep 26, 2018.

1. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

Since starting this program have you told anyone about your condition and TMS? Why or Why not? If you have how did they react?

I have told mostly everyone who is important to me, (immediate family, girlfriend and a couple people in her family, closest friends) about RSI. I have only told a very few people about TMS however, girlfriend and mom. And this was a few months back when I learned of TMS from reddit and read Mindbody Prescription but didn't give this a serious shot. So I was like, I'm just trying it to try it it probably won't work back then. A few things this week have made me think its more real. So other people I haven't told people about TMS cause there's no real reason to and they would probably react with doubt. My girlfriend was open but unconvinced and my mom just kinda laughed. This doesn't bother me as they have not ever looked into it and it does sound silly to be honest.

2. Lz123

Lz123 Peer Supporter

What made you think it's more real?

rsiman likes this.
  3. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

I got a job in a warehouse doing packaging and labeling stuff like that, and it is really easy on the hands but a lot of fine movements with fingers taping and stickering. Everytime I feel pain I try to think of why I would be stressed right now even if I wasn't even thinking that I am stressed. Like I didn't feel consciously stressed. But my pain goes away pretty fast at least at work.

Lizzy likes this.