1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Paul

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by PAUL, Apr 20, 2013.

1. PAUL

PAUL New Member

My condition has been with me for forty years and I have seen anyone and everyone in an effort to get relief, which never ever materialised.

I told my wife about my TMS and she has been very supportive, to the extend of reading some of the testimonials and lectures in the lessons. Other friends find it almost offensive, whilst others are very interested, however, don't see in it any relevance for them. I have been at pains to explain TMS to our adult children in the hope that the awareness my save them unnecessary pain in the future .

The lady who told me about her battle with TMS and subsequent transformation after reading John Sarno's latest book, was unaware of this site until i drew it to her attention, so if you read this post Best Regards CG for the introduction to Dr Sarno XXXXXX

yb44 likes this.
  2. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum. It's hard when we finally acknowledge what has been causing our symptoms and want to share it with others, they react with scepticism and take offence. I recently lent a friend a copy of one of Dr Sarno's books with the verbal disclaimer, 'don't hit me.' I was saying it in jest but part of me felt almost apologetic. I haven't had any feedback yet on what the friend thinks, but I will take it on the cuff if it's negative. My other half is the biggest sceptic of all. He has had a full complement of TMS issues during the years I have known him.

3. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welcome Paul.
    This journey will be so eye opening to you.