1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Paul McP: RSI/TMS journey

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Paul McP, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Paul McP

Paul McP Newcomer

Hi all,

As a sufferer with RSI since 2005, I have actually in the past had some great treatment from a renowned physical therapist in USA. Before I had physical therapy (I had this in 2007/2008) I felt like my body was at about 50% of it's normal 'capacity' and the physical therapy got me back to about 80% capacity. So, although it was pretty amazing treatment, it didn't heal my pain completely unfortunately.

In March this year (2019), after a very stressful period in my life (work, moving house etc) I had a serious relapse which meant that I had to quit work. I went back to the USA for more physical therapy but just before I went there I had stumbled upon Nicole Sachs' fantastic 'Cure for Chronic Pain' YouTube videos which then led to me 'rediscovering' Dr Sarno's 'The MindBody Prescription' book (I had read it ten years ago but had not taken it seriously enough back then). I am currently halfway through Steve Ozanich's 'The Great Pain Deception' book.

I am of the belief from all the reading that I have done that all RSIs are TMS and I put my faith in the TMS diagnosis 'almost' entirely (I say 'almost', as I do find myself questioning things when I have bad symptoms). I'm just trying to work out at the moment what I need to do to get myself better. I'm currently journaling and am looking at the courses on this great TMS Wiki web-site.

I wish you all well with your journeys to pain-free living.

Thanks,

Paul.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I always recommend starting with out Structured Educational Program, and the advice I always give is that you must pay attention to your repressive brain's messages as you are making your lists and doing the journaling exercises. Your brain will try to convince you to NOT write down certain things, which means that you must absolutely force yourself to write those things down, no matter what. This was my experience, and finally acknowledging those things and accepting myself in spite of them (and they weren't even very important - usually just embarrassing) was essential to achieve emotional freedom and awareness.

Good luck, and keep posting!

~Jan

3. Paul McP

Paul McP Newcomer

Thank you so much for replying Jan. I will keep in mind what you have said above whilst I progress through the course.

Many thanks indeed.

Paul.