1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Painfree for more than 10 months

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by mdone, Jul 12, 2017.

1. mdone

mdone New Member

A year ago I was devastated. I could not walk for >20 minutes, could not go on vacation with my family, could not do any sports. I could not work and started to wonder how to support my family.
    My daily routine was to roll over from bed, lay down on training mats and do core exercises, first set for the next 3 hours. Then go to living room and again, core exercises or warm/cold wraps for the next 3 hours. Around noon I was able to go out for only 20 minutes, more would bring charley horses to my calf. Next around 2 PM I could function for few hours and I started feeling pain again around 7 PM. I also woke up at nights with severe pain in leg.

There were these 2 weeks, in August, which I spent in bed and could not walk. This is when I found out about dr. Sarno's book, and one from Steve Ozanich. I noticed a pattern, I suffered the most, when I could not take care of my family. I found TMS forum and started doing the program. I also started mindfulness practice. I became active, easy chores for a starter, then more and more. Around late September/early October I returned to judo practice. Slowly, introducing just one new exercise each week, if it hurt during the exercise, I tried next training or next week.

In March 2017 I competed in judo tournament, then once more in June. I can, play with my children, do sports and work. I even built fence this year, which involved carrying 30kg concrete blocks.

My sciatic pain is long gone, I have minor back pains after working hard or when bent for prolonged time periods. Whenever I feel something is not right, I turn to mindfulness, for thoughts clean up. Life is good without pain and it is worth fighting for it.

Thank you Dr. Sarno and TMS forum!

MWsunin12, plum, Everly and 4 others like this.
  2. Ines

Ines Well known member

Thanks for sharing. Congratulations!

3. Renny

Renny New Member

As I read thru your words I'm getting hope. I'm in the exact same state now you were. Keep up!

4. DaveBrad

DaveBrad New Member

Thanks for the hope you have given me