1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Emily75, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Emily75

Emily75 New Member

Hi,

And here is the day 1 exercise - so, woke up this morning with some pretty incredible pain in the left hip area. Strange because it is on the left side - but not unusual because it is pain, which has been just about an everyday occurence for the past several years. Took a shower and some aspirin and made it to work, thank you to whoever invented this marvelous substance.

I am very interested in this new (to me) Sarno philosophy and deeply convinced that my brain is playing a big part in causing the pain. The wiki for Day 1 says to say where you are at in treatment but really I don't know, as no one has ever seemed to understand where my pain comes from, the various healthcare professionals I have been to see seem as lost as I am and I think they suggest things because they feel they have some kind of professional obligation to do so.

Anyway, I've had these problems since childhood: stiff necks, shin splints, sciatica, whiplash, back pain, ankle pain, pain in my thumbs, my elbows, my shoulders....supposed dislocated ribs...feet so painful it was torture to walk...and etc. and I've tried various types of physical therapy: massage, chiropracters, kinésithérapie, yoga, and what have you. I've been medicated and also just basically toughed it out on my own.

Now I am 51 and what really inspired me was the question for today - What would a life without TMS mean to You?

Wow, yes!, tomorrow I am in top physical condition - no matter what life may bring; tomorrow I am ready to run a marathon, climb to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, tomorrow I can do anything... and so begins this journey.

Jilly likes this.
  2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Welcome, Emily!

3. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi Emily, welcome to the forum.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome, Emily. I suggest you read as many posts om TMSWiki for background and inspiration as you can. Take your time reading them.

Yesterday I posted one called IT WOIKS and hope you will read it.

You've come to the right place for healing your pain.

5. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Hi Emily, glad you found the TMS Wiki ... be ready to heal ;)

6. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welcome, Emily, you are on the road to some great insight and discovery about yourself.