1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 pain in hands hopeful to heal

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lydia, Oct 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lydia

Lydia Peer Supporter

Hi everybody,

Some years ago in 2017 I have written a couple of threads about my frozen shoulders. I recovered so well from them in about a couple of weeks. Amazing! Still so grateful for that, because the doctors told me, I should count on at least two years of hard work. They were wrong!

Now my fingers and hands tell me, it's time to start the program again. They started to ache extremely last Saturday. After a night screaming aloud, I started digging and found out about carpal tunnel syndrome, remembered that I got that 'illness' about 10 years ago in kind of the same circumstances (moving in a month and painting my new home like a perfectionistic idiot) and recovered from that by working with Sarno's principles. That's where the bells started ringing.

So, I see which personality traits are helping me to get stuck and develop rage, fear (of not being good enough) leading to this pain. By the way, the reason for moving with my family to another place is because of a psychopathic neighbour, which of course in itself has helped me to develop a mass of rage inside. There has happened so much in the last two years, so much to cry about and be frustrated...

I have accepted the diagnosis quite easy, because I see the patterns so well. Still, the mind is tricky and fearful thoughts are there, good to watch them (-: And also the blaming-thoughts are tricky 'I should have known better!' and 'Why am I still so vulnarable?' blablabla.

Already did a small experiment last night: what happens with the pain when I follow panic- and fear-thoughts or... choose to trust and surrender to the thought that nothing is wrong with my fingers and hands and this is a mind-trick? Guess? The pain melted away! Amazing evidence! Happy about that.

Hope to find out more in the next weeks!

Lydia

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm sorry to see you back here with pain, Lydia, but happy that you know where you need to be and what you need to do. This is a great post.