1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pain free - Your program really helped me!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by sandra _from_lisbon, Jun 6, 2013.

1. sandra _from_lisbon

sandra _from_lisbon New Member

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share my success story. Sorry in anticipation for my low level English.I started to feel pain in my coccyx in June 2012. First coming and going, then permanently. I was (and still am) writing my PHD thesis, so I spend many hours sitting at the computer, and this came to be a major problem. I felt much pain, so many problems for working, for sleeping, for moving. Between August and December 2012, I tried all kind of cushions, osteopathy (no result), acupuncture (some brief relieve), chiropractic (first some relieve, then the pain got worst) and finally a orthopedic doctor who made me do a MRI that showed nothing, and who (fortunately) said that he was going to do nothing invasive in this area, because is an area super sensitive to infections. Briefly, he offered no solution. I leaved the office in desperation.
    Consulting www.coccyx.org looking for whatever solutions available in Lisbon, where I live, I found some references about Dr. Sarno books, and I felt I had nothing to lose. I read two books, and started your free program online. In one month (from December to January), I was working with no cushion, moving again, and 60% pain free. In two months, I was almost pain free. In the last three months, I honestly forgot about the existence of my coccyx. Rarely, I feel some pain, and I know that is time to stop and think about what is happening to me at that time. The pain no longer frightens me, or controls my life, and that's wonderful. So, Sarno's approach really worked out for me, but what I think was really important was all this organized resources, attention, share and affection in the program. I truly want to thank you for your work and this wonderful help that I felt and got doing your program :) .

Sandra Mateus

Anna1, veronica73 and Forest like this.
  2. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

Hi Sandra,

Congratulations on your recovery!!
    Thank you for sharing your story, I am sure it will help and inspire many others.

Your English was perfect.

Good luck with your thesis and any challenge you face in life!

3. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

Sandra, what great news! I'm very happy to hear that you've healed.

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Sandra, thanks so much for coming dropping by to share your story. We an amazing community and the support I see provided here is truly heart warming. We do our best to provide the best resources that we can because we know what it's like to suffer from TMS. Thanks for letting us know it helped and, more importantly, providing your testimonial for the benefit of the newcomers.

There is some tremendous wisdom in there. Getting to the point where you can forget about your TMS is the holy grail of healing, because then you are not giving TMS the attention and worry that it feeds on. Dr. Sarno has made it clear that TMS is part of what it means to be human, but getting to the point where it no longer frightens you or controls your life and where you can take the symptoms as a signal to reflect is the heart of TMS healing.

Good luck on your thesis!