1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pain, anxiety and the Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by plum, Mar 14, 2020.

1. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Morning all,

I trust no one minds with if I share this mail I received from the Curable Team as it contains some helpful information and resources for anyone experiencing a peak in symptoms.

Heads up, I’ve edited this post to remove all references to subscription and pricing. Curable are offering a 50% markdown so if you’re interested in that you’ll need to visit their site.

Take good care everyone, and please be especially mindful of the elderly and vulnerable in your life because they will need extra love, support and care at this time.

Plum ❤️

A Message from the Curable Team
    Resources on Health Anxiety

It has always been our goal to help people overcome chronic pain, and doing so requires a fundamental retraining of the way that fear and anxiety are processed in the brain and nervous system.

In light of the global pandemic we are facing, anxiety about health and physical symptoms is understandably at an all-time high. This is why it is more important than ever to address the impact that fear can have on amplifying the physical symptoms in our bodies. If you are experiencing a flare-up of symptoms during this time, know that this is a normal, human response to what is happening in the world.

Below is a list of free resources we recommend to help you to better understand the way fear is processed in your nervous system and "turn down the volume" on any fear-related flare-ups:

Understanding Fear & Neural Pathways with Alan Gordon, LCSW
    TedX: Why Things Hurt with Prof Lorimer Moseley
    6 Steps to Getting Out of a Panic Cycle with Anna Holtzman, MHC-LP
    Neuroception and Pain with Michelle Grim, PA

Our team is continuing to make as many resources as we can available to you and will keep you posted as anything new comes up. In the meantime, please continue to follow the recommended health guidelines and take the necessary precautions to keep yourself safe and healthy.

Sincerely,
    John, Laura, Erich & The Curable Team

Forest, Amber, Lizzy and 3 others like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Perfect, @plum, thank you!

Baseball65 and plum like this.
  3. mimi901

mimi901 New Member

Great articles to read while social distancing and avoiding news!
    I can do my wiki profile too and what does grand eagle mean?

Baseball65 and plum like this.
  4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Beloved Grand Eagle is a title earned through contributions to the forum. I’m not sure what the exact criteria are. Maybe @JanAtheCPA can explain that..?

Baseball65 likes this.
  5. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

In the video on the first link CASEY has a pretty good swing... needs to shorten up his TO and lengthen his THROUGH.
    ... sorry...baseball coach to the bitter end
    Also got sentimental... the batting cages is where I worked out a lot of my fear and conditioning

The Gordon therapy is sort of exactly what I do to myself whenever I have a new attempted incursion. I get quiet alone somewhere and then have a discussion about 'who' is in charge. Then I do the activity that seems to be most prohibited by the symptom (shoulder=pushups, foot or Knee = run, wrist=play guitar,etc)
    The Pain of TMS always has a strong fear component...implies there is something ominous about. Immediately going to the crux of the fear is extraordinarily effective at aborting the process.

Great Links...Thanks You @plum !

Odrog and JanAtheCPA like this.
  6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm not entirely sure either, I just know they were established by Forest, and exist somewhere in the admin module.