1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Overly Critical

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Hoguet, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Hoguet

Hoguet New Member

I know I am overly critical, I am beating myself. I am always second guessing myself. I have some big decisions to make and I am already undermining myself instead of feeling good. I am not good about celebrating myself. But the good news is I am doing better. Progress not perfection.

Lizzy likes this.
  2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Awareness is the start. At first you may notice after you start to beat yourself up, but you will begin to notice sooner. Find some affirmations to say when you notice. Rather than trying to stop being so hard on yourself, it is easier to replace negative talk with positive talk. Some people recommend snapping a rubber band on your wrist, I think that reinforces a negative. Instead try wearing a pretty bracelet you can touch and look at when you say it. It could be "I am safe, I am strong." When you are in a situation where you are unable to say affirmations out loud the bracelet will become associated with good self talk.

Hugs to you!
    Lizzy