1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Optimistic and hopeful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JScott, Dec 2, 2018.

1. JScott

JScott Newcomer

Hello,
    I’ve dealt with lower back pain since I was Age 15. I had successful treatment with chiropractic care. Since then I’ve had on and off episodes very sporadically. Sometimes severe all throughout my college and into my adult years. The past 1 to 2 years the episodes started coming for no significant reasons and lasting longer and longer. One that I had earlier this year was completely different than what I was used to. Instead of sleep and rest improving my pain they made me worse. Instead of the pain going away in a few days it lasted for weeks. I finally got so frustrated I read Dr. Sarno’s book. I was almost completely better within a week.

After reading Healing Back Pain I started reading The Divided Mind and it started to dawn on me that my tinnitus which I’ve had for about a year and a half might be connected. I’ve also very recently getting some weird chest/heart flutters which feel anxiety related, a strange cough and I have new metatarsal pain in my right foot from a small injury that won’t go away. I was feeling frustrated and kind of crazy the TMS could be manifesting and so many other ways in my body

Sadly yesterday I bent forward to put on my socks (one of my usual low back triggers) and felt a sharp pain and the very familiar associated symptoms. Spasms and crooked lean while upright.

I discovered this page and thought I would give his program a try. Really looking forward to getting past all of this and feeling “normal “again.

Chiara likes this.