1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

One of The Best Ways to Conquer TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by FredAmir, Dec 29, 2015.

1. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Aloha,

As I discuss in Rapid Recovery from Back and Neck Pain one of the best ways to conquer tension and pain is to have a clear vision of your future and a plan of action that keeps you positive, hopeful, optimistic, and excited about life!

"Make 2016 Your Best Year Yet!" is a free workshop I am conducting on Saturday, 01/16/16 at 9am PST, that will help you discover
    1. How to develop a crystal clear vision for the New Year
    2. Hidden challenges that hinder your progress
    3. Greater personal awareness for amazing results
    You will leave this workshop with renewed energy, extreme enthusiasm, and highly motivated to make 2016 your best year yet!

To learn more and register please click here.
    or https://www.eventbrite.com/e/make-2016-your-best-year-yet-tickets-20096326654

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I make the same New Year's resolution every year: If it doesn't bother my dog, it will not bother me.

Of course, I break that resolution most every January 2. But I am still here after 85 years and not sick.

3. FredAmir

LoL.

Good sense of humor Walt. It's one of the secrets to good health.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. FredAmir

Consider the following:

You get into a taxi and the driver asks you, “Where do you want to go?”
    You think about it for a moment and say, “I don’t want to go the mall. I don’t want to go to the park; and I don’t want to go to the theater.”

Driver will ask you, “OK, but where do you WANT to go?”

However, if at the beginning you answered, “I want to go to 457 Main street,” then you would have saved yourself a lot of time and trouble because you were clear about where you wanted to go.

When I ask participants in my workshops and my clients, "What do you want?”

They say things like, “I don’t want to be in pain.” “I don’t want to be depressed.” “I don’t want to be fat.” “I don’t want to be broke.”

They are telling me what they don’t want, because they are not clear about what they want.

My job is to help them make a crystal clear vision of what they do want and where they do want to go. Once we work on this together, they find their lives are transformed.

So, what about you? Are you clear about what you want in 2016?

5. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

All good points

6. Misha

Misha Peer Supporter

Excellent advice. We attract what we give attention to, so our focus should be on what we do want, not what we don't! Thanks Fred :)