1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

On-Line Art Therapy Group: Feelings Anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Andy Bayliss, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi All,

I have a good friend who is offering a 30 day on-line art therapy group, which helps participants explore their needs, their creativity, and their life, their feelings. It is the feelings part that especially struck me, since art is a way to feel, quite beyond words... Delaine Dew, the art therapist gives feedback on everything you photo and submit, plus I think there is group response. I have not done this, but I know the facilitator, and highly recommend her as an insightful therapist! This isn't about someone interpreting. Or making pretty art. It is about allowing, and feeling, and being moved by your deeper parts.

InsideOut Personal Imagery

Andy B.

2. rabbit

rabbit Peer Supporter

Interesting coincidence (or not...) to have seen your post. I've had this intense instinct to draw/paint what my pain feels like. I've been visualizing what the pain would look like as a drawing in colors. My fantasy I think being to show it to someone who would then understand what it felt like. This came at a time of increasing pain. Doing better now, but I still think I will do this when I have some time. Interestingly, many years ago when i went through a really tough time emotionally, I just felt like drawing and painting a lot and I did. It just felt nice and was distracting and soothing.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Drawing to visualize pain is an excellent TMS healing technique.
    Eric Watson describes it in our book, God Does Not Want You to Be in Pain.