1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Norman Doidge - for Aussies

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Porpoise, May 18, 2015.

1. Porpoise

Porpoise Peer Supporter

Note for Aussies: Dr Norman Doidge is in Australia and speaking on various media. I heard him interviewed on Radio National this afternoon (I'm sure it's available for replay) and he'll be on Q & A tonight, 9.30 EST, ABC. Should be interesting!

Ollin likes this.
  2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Is he a TMS doc? If so, he should be added to this site's practitioner's list if he isn't on it already.

3. Porpoise

Porpoise Peer Supporter

I don't think he's a TMS doc, exactly. He's a doctor who writes about neuroplasticity and the power of the brain/mind to heal itself. He's written two books, 'The Brain that Changes Itself' and 'The Brain's Way of Healing', neither of which I've yet read. I think he's more into the neuroscience aspect of it but he does speak about people who have been told they'll never get better but who heal themselves with their minds.

So maybe he does know about TMS and basically agrees with TMS theory - maybe someone else can give us some more information about him.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Sounds like Dr. Doidge believes in TMS because it's all a part of the MindBody pain and healing concept.

Porpoise likes this.
  5. Ollin

Ollin Peer Supporter

Porpoise likes this.
  6. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Porpoise, I watched Q&A on iview last night and wished he'd had more to say. Thanks anyway. BTW did you know Joe Dispenza is in Melbourne in June? I'm doing a three-day meditation course with him - can't wait!

Ellen likes this.
  7. Porpoise

Porpoise Peer Supporter

I agree, Colly - he didn't get much of a chance to say very much on Q&A, unfortunately. Thanks for letting me know that Joe Dispenza will be in Melbourne! I don't know if I can get to hear him speak but I'd love to.

8. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

9. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

So jealous. Let us know all about how it went.

Colly likes this.
  10. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle