1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

No TMS Dr in my area

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Carc612, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Carc612

Carc612 New Member

I have started having pain with a 5 month bout of severe anxiety. Right arm started it and I had an MRI. No structural problems and diagnosed with rotator cuff tendinitis. Then thoracic back pain started. Had an mri on that area 2 years ago. Have 2 narrowing discs. Pain moves from my neck, shoulders, back, arms and now rib cage and around to my abdomen. I have had 2 blood panels done In the last 5 months. I have looked up TMS Drs and there are none in my state. I live in Alabama. How do I know for sure that I have TMS? I took an assessment test on Dan Buglios page and got 50 out of 50. I fit the personality and I believe in TMS. I feel the tension all over my torso. When I am able to relax, it goes away.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Howdy...TMS doctors are great, but you do not need one to be sure. Essentially, what they do is make sure you've had serious illness/injury ruled out by regular doctors (you've already done that it sounds like). Then they will try to help you understand possible links between your stress/emotions and the symptoms. They will point out inconsistencies in your symptoms that help prove they are not "structural". It sounds like you've largely done this as well since you have noted that your pain keeps moving, and that some of it disappears when you relax. "Structural" injuries and illnesses do not behave this way.

I recommend you keep reading TMS material (Drs. Sarno and Schubiner are my favorites). They both have good material that will help you understand how things like narrowing discs and tendinitis rarely (and I mean RARELY) cause chronic pain. Also, do the program here. By absorbing a lot of material, you will probably start to find yourself believing in TMS more. Plus, you will read about more people with similar symptoms who recovered. Good luck!

Velvet_Hidden likes this.