1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

No Place To Cry

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by RikR, Feb 28, 2013.

1. RikR

RikR Well known member

HOW BIG IS YOUR SACK OF EMOTIONAL PAIN?

grief ~ anxiety ~ depression ~ saddness ~ self-pity ~ bad luck ~ unfulfilled dreams ~ shame ~ humiliation ~ unhappy relationships ~ betrayal ~ regret ~ loneliness ~ low confidence ~ guilt ~ frustration ~ feeling stuck or held back
    Was there no one to go to for comfort in times of trouble – no where to go for guided reflection, validation and intimacy. No place to cry for hurts, mistakes, accidents and betrayals. No place that reflected back to us how precious and loveable we were. No way to learn what it was like to trust and be loved without cost.
    No way to learn to self-soothe and no sense that in many ways we were not totally alone!!

"A wound not fully felt consumes from the inside. We must run very hard if we want to stay one step ahead of this pain"Oriah Mountain Dreamer

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

I love your posts, Rik.

One thing that has really helped me in healing from the physical pain of TMS, and also the emotional pain, is working on self compassion. It's a whole new way of relating to myself so although I am not making many outward changes, inside everything is different.

I also found this book really helpful: http://self-compassion.org/

3. RikR

RikR Well known member

Thanks Veronica - I had forgotten about Kristin and her work

I think many of us need to find that lost little girl or boy and not only cry for them but cry with them!

veronica73 likes this.
  4. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Absolutely!

5. Barbara M

Barbara M Peer Supporter

Thank u for the comments and compassion web site!

Barbara

veronica73 likes this.