1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

No pain during sleep,rises after some time

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by unlearningpain, Aug 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. unlearningpain

unlearningpain Peer Supporter

I have been having some troubles falling asleep at night but i have observed that when i wake up after good sleep or accidental nap or midnight, I dont have any pain ( which is usually in my legs,sciatic).

What should i interpret from this?
    i want to be permanently in that state of no pain.

Unfortunately it starts rising after some time.
    ive been following tms and my pain has reduced significantly.How to boost myself to reach that state of no pain to earliest?

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi unlearningpain,

Recognizing the anomolies, and increasing your evidence list that what you have is TMS, is a good start. Now you need to start training your brain!

It's important to understand and accept that your brain is the source of all pain signals, and you can control that. I hope that you are working one of the free programs that we offer here - either the Structured Educational Program or Alan Gordon's Pain Recovery Program. You can't truly recover in the long run unless you learn about yourself, and your repressed negative emotions.

You also need to understand that one of the reasons our brains create symptoms is to keep us fearful, and always alert for danger. It thinks that this is the only way to keep us safe from danger, but it's a really useless mechanism in the modern world. So convincing your brain that you are safe is essential.

In addition, you can use tools. I have always found visualization to be a really powerful tool. Before you fall asleep, you can visualize how it is that you can wake up without pain. Then extend your visualization to convince your brain that you can stay pain-free beyond the immediate waking moment, BECAUSE you are totally safe, and you don't need pain to stay safe.

Good luck!

~Jan

unlearningpain likes this.