1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Nick Ortner of the Tapping Solution gives a shout-out to Dr. Sarno

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Forest, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, folks, a long time member of our forum just posted the following on our Facebook page:
    Forest Smith Herbert Douglas Walter Oleksy have you had a listen to Nick Ortner's recent interview? Dr. Sarno gets a nod!!!! http://www.thetappingsolution.com/…/bulletproof-radio-dave…/

I haven't had a chance to watch the full video or read Nick's new book, The Tapping Solution for Pain Relief yet, but I'm really enjoying his New York Times bestselling The Tapping Solution. I would be skeptical of tapping, but a number of well designed scientific studies have established it effectiveness for emotional healing, and it is incredibly easy to learn.

Anyway, here's the video. Nick Ortner is reaching a huge number of people. His new The Tapping Solution For Pain Relief book has already received 155 5-star ratings on Amazon after having been published just 4 months ago. I've found tapping to be very helpful for overcoming emotional issues and it's great to see mindbody approaches reaching a wider audience.

mike2014 likes this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

PS, if anyone wants to find out what all of the fuss is about with tapping, you can try it yourself. The following video is by Nick Ortner and his sister, Jessica. Nick is the guy in the interview above, and the video teaches the very basics. Nick is also the guy who runs "The Tapping Summit," which you may have heard of. He seems like a super nice guy and makes things very easy to understand. It takes about a minute and a half to get started

Here's a written version of the video:
    http://www.thetappingsolution.com/what-is-eft-tapping/

3. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

On the same page Forrest. I'm still skeptical about tapping but can see the utility and how it achieves the same aim but via a different route!
    exciting times. Dave is a shrewd businessman but he has a huge following.

4. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

This is good...I like how Nick addresses the skeptic view too. this is the section that mentions Sarno.

5. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Another Great post Forest. I guess it's like any means of healing, you have to have enough will for belief to be triggered.

I've seen some positive stories about EFT and I know the likes of Bruce Lipton, Joe Dispenza etc champion it.

I guess where meditation allows you to release emotions and not react, EFT integrates identifying the emotion and changing the thought with an affirmation continually, or until the emotion is less intense, or has been replaced with a new thought.

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Its just a distraction of the mind for the moment like ice skating or say gardening

7. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

I understand from the interview below, it's not so much a distraction, but a means of shifting consciousness reducing the stress response and triggering the self healing mechanism.

This is a really good interview...