1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Nice Summary of Allopathic Approaches to Arthritis

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tennis Tom, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Here's a long article that just popped up on my Google Alerts for arthritis from merry ol'. Warning: graphic pic of joint replacement surgery, couldn't tell if it's a hip or a knee, too much blood and draping in the way, them surgeons are good at fisting, don't let it ruin your breakfast. Good emphasis on 30-60 minutes a day of exercising. Good summary of what works and doesn't from the allopathic approach. Save your money on those expensive orthotics, those green Spenco insoles will work just as well.

The Pharmaceutical Journal

Osteoarthritis: management

http://www.pharmaceutical-journal.c...osteoarthritis-management/20068309.cpdarticle

2. Tennis Tom

Well looks like I'm overscribed to Big Pharma and they won't let the link work until I register, typical of drug pushers, first one's free then the next ones's double after they've got you hooked. There were some good points in there about current scientific findings--never mind--I'm gonna' have a second cup of coffee and go back to sleep.

tt/lsmft

3. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

What does "tt/lsmft" mean?

Tennis Tom likes this.
  4. Tennis Tom

You are the winner, you're the first person who's asked. The tt is for tennis tom, the / lsmft is an acronym for : "Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco". It's an advertising slogan for Lucky Strike Cigarettes. I've found being a tennis player doesn't carry much credibility in the forums, but having a bunch of letters behind one's name or a Sanskrit title like "maharishi, sri, swami, or babaji confers an aire of wisdom.

Good job! I would expect no less from an Irish Sceptic.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  5. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Tennis Tom, haha! You always make me smile and laugh, while bringing alot of good "penicillin"!! So, according to Walt that's two TMS birds with one stone.

My grandpa smoked Lucky Strikes, he was a handsome sailor in WWII. Thanks!
    Lizzy

Tennis Tom likes this.
  6. Tennis Tom

Thank you Lizzy, I'm thinking of taking up Kools in my sunset days while driving down Sunset Blvd., with the top down on the Lotus. It helps to keep a sense of humor about this TMS stuff when grappling with the gremlin.

======================================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. AllenFox

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod @ TMSHelp

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired." [​IMG] Comedian Maria Bamford, posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp
    =========================================================================

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    Julie-Ellen and Lizzy like this.
  7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Tom. I grew up as a teen during WW2 and well remember LSMFT. It was a catchy phrase and really caught on.
    Amazing back then that so many famous people endorsed cigarettes like Lucky Strike, getting paid for endorsing them,
    or their studios got paid because the actors were under contract to promote themselves and their films.

Now when I watch movies from the 1930s-60s, I see actors almost constantly smoking cigarettes. Many of them
    died of lung cancer. Gorgeous Gene Tierney's studio bosses told her to smoke cigarettes so as to lower her speaking voice.
    She did and it killed her.

Cigarette companies used to give out free samples to us kids in the school yards on recess, to get us hooked.
    I never tried, thank heaven. I smoked only rarely and gave it up because of hay fever. Lucky me.