1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New York City premier of TMS documentary "This Might Hurt"

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

A new TMS documentary focusing on the work of Dr. Schubiner is coming out. Our site helped promote it and raise funds. It's New York City premier is tomorrow.

Here is some more information:

Hi friends!
    I want to invite you to the New York City premiere of This Might Hurt, a feature documentary about chronic pain and a radical mind-body treatment. It's been many years in the making and it's many things: an investigation into how hidden stresses can lead to physical pain, a portrait of a leading mind-body physician, and a window into one promising solution to the opioid crisis. It’s also the result of a personal determination, driven by my own disability and anguish as a 22-year-old, to see if the pathway out of suffering that saved my life could help others.
    The film recently had a world premiere at the Austin Film Festival, and we hope you'll come check it out in our home town! You can find a trailer and more details about the film here. Screening will be followed by a Q&A with me and Marion (who directed w me) as well as Dr. Howard Schubiner, who is featured in the film.

SCREENING DETAILS:
    Friday, Feb 21, 7 pm
    Made in NY Media Center by IFP
    30 John St
    Brooklyn, NY 11201
    The run time is 1 hour, 23 mins.
    Here's the link to buy tickets (theater holds about 70 people and so it might sell out):
    https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/4508414 (New York City Premiere of This Might Hurt)
    We’d love it if you shared this invite with curious doctors, therapists, and chronic pain sufferers who might be interested.
    Thanks so much and hopefully see you soon!
    Kent​

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Forest and All,

I am so happy to see this out. I wish I could be there for the premier. I hope it gets wide play in the next year. Thanks to Kent and Dr. Schubiner and his patients for this...

Andy

3. Lars

Lars New Member

I would love to see it. When does it come online?

4. HealedPaul

HealedPaul Newcomer

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Way out here in the upper left-hand corner, I'm happy to say that as an Indiegogo backer of This Might Hurt, I received my streaming/download link today - hooray! Now I have to get together some friends who are willing to watch it with me. And figure out what I need to cast it to the television from my current laptop... I think the last time I wanted to do that, my laptop still had a VGA port, LOL. How times change.

They are hoping for more screenings in New York, LA, Boulder, Nashville, and Chicago.

Anyway, the movie isn't for "sale" as such - not yet. No indication if it will be available through any of our streaming services any time soon. The email says that what I have is a "download license" for home viewing only, and describes the embedded protections against copying. You can "donate" $75 (not tax-deductible) for your own license at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/this-might-hurt-film--2#/ (This Might Hurt film) although it's a bit obscure, because the web site still says "before it's officially released" although the premieres would indicate that it has been released? I don't know - video production is more complex that I ever imagined.

Anyway, I was happy to donate back when, because getting the word out about this work, and about Dr. Schubiner's most recent work and findings, is so important.