1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New to the party

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by IamAwareness, Nov 30, 2019.

1. IamAwareness

IamAwareness New Member

Hey All, today I "accidentally" came upon the audio version of healing back pain and it absolutely resonated with me. I fit the personality profile ( perfectionist, people pleaser, childhood shame issues) ect. Also fit the physical profile, low back pain, neuropathy down both legs, neck and shoulder pain, pain and numbness in hands ect. In this last two years I've committed to dis identifying with the ego and my pain has increased considerably. Seems like a last-ditch attempt for the ego to hold on. To hear in Doc's e-book that I've subconsciously manifested this pain is no stretch at all for me, spiritual teachings point this out so I already believe it just had no idea how to deal with it. I'm so grateful this forum is here and I'll be on it often. It's been an exciting day. It's 1 a.m. so guess I should try to get some sleep. Did I mention it's been an exciting day? Thanks for being here everyone.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome, IAmAwareness.
    When I first started. I had heard Sarnos book too, I went back and re-read it several times making sure I was doing the protocol.
    Basically get all the stuff thats stressful, worrisome, bothersome, hurtful, stuff you dont even want to think about.
    Take all of that, write about it daily.
    If its 200 words and your done good, if it runs under or over, thats ok too.
    Journaling pulls those things we think we got under control, and lays them bare so we can see them.
    Of course journaling worked for me but Steve Ozanich, Author of "The Great Pain Deception" and Forest , the owner of the site, they told me they didnt have to journal.
    They pondered and came to peace with all those pressures we keep tucked away in our minds.
    There's alot more. I think I'll just mention the journaling for now, everything is in the book. Im sure others will be along soon.

God bless you.

Aimee88 likes this.
  3. Guero Triste

Guero Triste Peer Supporter

Welcome Iamawareness.

Man, I kid you not - I have ALL of the symptoms you describe. The neuropathy pain I awful. EMG and NCV performed, minor CTS diagnosed. Doesn't explain legs at all

Been aware of Sarno ETC for a few years, and have read a couple of his books, plus Steve O's book, Nicole Sach's book, and a few others. Things keep getting worse instead of better, but I reckon much of it is that I have not really done the work as steadily as I could. I've done much more in the way of education that practice.

It is going to come to a head soon. I can't keep up like this.

Good luck. This is a helpful place to be.

Guero

4. IamAwareness

IamAwareness New Member

5. IamAwareness

IamAwareness New Member

Thanks for responding guys, I guess for me you could say I had/have the gift of desperation. The physical pain and the mental pain of powerlessness/fear was absolutely unbearable. "What am I going to do". Pain is be the greatest of teachers/motivators. I read/heard TMS'ers stating that John E Sarno ect saved their life I did not have to think twice about what that meant. It was truly a case of the student being ready and the teacher appearing. I could feel that Sarno was committed to helping people with their suffering. That's cool AF. Same with Steve-O whom you mentioned in your post. I thought you were talking about the guy from that show Jackass and thought I missed the joke. Shortly thereafter I came across the video with him, I'm ordering his book today. Wish it was available in audio as I'm so not a reader. But what I am is willing, I'll read it. I'm going after this thing hammer and tong, I do not want to become complacent. Woke up about 93.5% pain free today (analytical much?) And have an almost overwhelming sense of gratitude that I ran across this stuff and at a time where I'm truly open to it. I was thinking about posting something in success stories but haven't for fear of sounding like the new guy at AA telling others how he's stayed sober. I ran across a post from Forrest saying if you've walked around the block today, share it as it might help others. We'll seeings as how you put it that way. So I'll do that in the next couple of days. Anyway just.... thanks everybody.

Looking for space likes this.