1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New Symptoms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jokeysmurf, Jan 9, 2023.

1. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

Hi All, I dont get on here very often because most of my symptoms have abated. I get some new stuff here and there and I know how to approach it for the most part minus this one.

I've been feeling very tired after I eat. Like sleepy and lethargic, even when I drink something. I suspect TMS because I dont have Diabetes, I am in decent shape and it just seems a little suspicious because I have moments when it lifts - So I'm almost certain it's TMS. This part isn't a huge problem except that i feel like it puts me in a state of freeze where I feel spaced out and a bit zombie like.

The problem occurs when it comes time for bed. This freezy spaced out sleepy symptom will drag on for hours. I eventually go to bed but I wake up choking or gasping for air. I'm not terribly worried - it feels like apnea or something like maybe I stop breathing. It doesnt happen all the time - it scares my wife because I wake up gasping loudly. Now it's not exactly new, I had this years ago before all the major TMS stuff hit me. I did nothing and it went away on it's own. I'd like to think that doing nothing will help again but I think there are better ways than doing nothing.

If anyone has any ideas. Here is what I am doing.
    I am managing stress, I exercise, I eat pretty healthy,
    I meditate.
    I try and journal.

I feel like some fear of some things are present. Irrational fears I am trying to work on. I've had health anxiety on and off for years. It has gotten better all the time but part of the fears feel more unconscious than not.