1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 New Symptoms

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MSZ812, Apr 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

After yesterday's post about my shoulder pain not moving around, I woke up around 3:00 am with neck pain on the same side. It isn't a normal stiff neck. The pain is much greater. Almost immediately, I wondered if it was the TMS moving around. Since the pain began when I was sleeping, it's almost undoubtedly TMS. I wish I could say that the TMS realization stopped the pain, but it's still with me 5 hours later. While falling back asleep, I listed all of the things that are bothering me. A couple things popped into my head that I wasn't actively aware of. I remembered Sarno mentioned that pain moving to a new location often scares people, even to the point where they want their old pain back because at least the old pain is familiar.

For those of you that have healed from TMS, did your pain move around? Did it worry you at the time? Looking back, was it a major step in your healing?

- Matt

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

My paid did move around, from my back my shoulders, but it eventually went away.
    I think it is a mistake to think about things that bother you while you try to sleep.
    I tell myself I'll think about worry in the morning.

I've had great success falling asleep by deep breathing... inhale through the nose to the count of 4,
    hold the breath to 7, and exhale through the mouth to the count of 8. Repeat 4 times. If I'm not asleep yet, I breathe slowly and if that doesn't work, I count backwards from 100 to 1. But I try to keep my mind as
    empty as possible, or think of a flower garden or sitting on a sun-filled, empty beach.