1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by SusanM, Apr 5, 2019.

1. SusanM

SusanM New Member

Hi! susan here. So, I discovered Sarno's work thru a reiki master 2 years ago when in lots of pain in my lower back. I did his program via books, watching videos, etc and back pain subsided. I was thrilled! But I let go of a regular focus on TMS and on continuing the suggestions..thought i was done! Gradually, leg cramps and IBS showed up...I was in denial and reverted back to looking for dietary reasons and taking suppliments. Ever so slowly, a little back discomfort returned, again, reverted back to chiro and felt pretty good. BAM..3 weeks ago it hit. Low back seized up, spasms, really miserable and for a few days I was lost in trying to figure out what had happened. Then, it dawned on me about TMS. Since then, Ive read Steve Ozanich's book, rereading Dr. Sarno's healing back pain..journaling, belly breathing and meditating..I'm gaining insights and making a few improvements but Insomnia is now pretty bad and i understand that can be TMS altho I am at a loss as to how to what, if anything I can do. It's starting to weigh me down now, all of it..and some days I feel like i might not make it to the other side. Any words of wisdom or prayers, support would be appreciated. Thank you all and may you each feel and be well!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi SusanM,

I see that you're learning how to deepen your "Sarno" practice, and like many, new symptoms arise, or old ones come back. Usually this simply requires a little more persistence or depth, or refining one's techniques. Welcome to the Forum.

We have three free programs at the Wiki, which many have found very very helpful. These are supportive, interactive ways to engage in this work, daily.

About insomnia, Ellen posted a wonderful detailed explanation in her work with this in success stories. You can probably find other success stories re insomnia by using the search feature. Notice Ellen's work with "outcome independence." This is a concept brilliantly articulated by Alan Gordon, which he describes in some of his programs, at the Wiki.

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/recovery-from-chronic-insomnia.16653/ (Recovery from Chronic Insomnia)

Andy B

MWsunin12 likes this.