1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New me

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Natasa35, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Natasa35

Natasa35 Newcomer

Hi all,

This is my first post on TMS wiki. I have actually never posted, but I was reading all the success stories very often to kept my self believing that recovery was possible. And yes, it is!!! I decided to come back to post my recovery story:

My TMS journey started in 2015. What was supposed to be a sport injury turned in to 4 years of chronic pain. I was always very active, doing all kind of sports, especially gymnastics and cross fit type work out. So, back in September 2015 I was doing jumping jacks to warm up and I injured my ancles or I thought I did. Today I know it was just a perfect moment for my brain to start producing symptom as I was going through a very very very stressful time in my life...So, I went to my doctor who told me there was nothing wrong with my ancles and I just needed to relax and in one week or so I would be ok. It has taken me 3 months to get ride of ancle pain. I was desperate... I started to work out again, I was afraid and stress of moving, as soon as I started to do pull ups my neck went into complete spasm that lasted for 3 years. I was broken. I was in a very dark place. To make the long story short, I went to every possible doctor you can imagine. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I received all kind of "funny diagnosis", as my MRI show no problems in my neck. The neurologist put me on gabapeptin, it didn't help... It made the symptoms worst... The neurologist told me I was crazy, making things up...So, after trying all the traditional and alternative treatments under the sun, and self diagnose with all kind of illnesses, never ending googling, what the hell was wrong with me...I was told by a doctor of Chinese medicine that I had TMS and I should read a book Healing back pain by doctor Sarno. What??? Read a book???? I though it was a good joke. But I was so desperate that I would do anything you told me to do ...and I really mean anything!!!! This was 3 years ago. And my recovery journey started the day I read Dr. Sarno book. I found the work of Dr. Howard Schubiner, and I will be forever grateful for his ongoing support in my recovery journey. I read the amazing book The Great Pain Deception written by Steven Ray Ozanich, and I practice the meditations from Dr. Joe Dispenza. Slowly, and I mean really slowly I started to believe I had TMS, and I will be ok. I started to move again, going out with friends, being with my son and husband...just focusing on my life. I didn't journal, but I meditate daily, and I keep reminding myself that I am good! And then, one day, out of nowhere I was ok...I was ready, it has happened. I was pain free for the first time in 4 years I felt amazing. I overcome my old self to create a new more balance me. I strongly believe that every healing is a spiritual healing at first place. I am enjoying my new life with my family, and all I have been through gave me so much, I understand myself, I can deal with my emotions without judgment, I am a better mum and I better wife. I will be forever grateful to Dr. Sarno, Dr. Howard Schubiner, StevenO, and all the beautiful people out there spreading TMS knowledge. Thank you sooo much! I love ❤ you all! Thank you, thank you,thank you!!!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

This is healing in a nutshell. This is the blueprint. You have to recreate yourself anew, strong in spirit, clear in mind, open of heart. All else follows.

Bless you ❤️
    And thank you for taking the time to post this.

Much love sweetheart

Plum xxx

JanAtheCPA and Natasa35 like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Wonderful, @Natasa35, thank you so much for sharing your success story!

plum likes this.
  4. grapefruit

grapefruit Peer Supporter

Awesome!