1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Needing advice!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Asherman27, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Asherman27

Asherman27 New Member

hello all! I’m still new to accepting and learning about TMS. Does lack of sleep ever exasperat your symptoms? I’ve had a really stressful couple of nights and the pain seems to be back today. I’m not trying to give it satisfaction by paying attention by its soooo hard.

I just wanted to know if you can give me any advice on what to say to myself when symptoms come up! I was doing great...I’ve been Journalling and it really helps. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!
    Amy

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Amy, and welcome!

Two related things that really helped (and continue to help) me are:

1. Understand that your primitive fearful brain wants to you to be negative and worried, because it believes that you won't be safe if you don't focus on danger all of the time.

2. Create some constructive and positive messages to fight back against the negativity.

My favorite message to my fearful brain is: "Hey, this isn't necessary! There's nothing wrong with me, and I'm perfectly safe, so stop doing that!".
    Add some self-love and acknowledgment of your personal power and repeat as needed. :)

~Jan

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    MWsunin12 likes this.