1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Need support to get through this last lag...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by CMA, Apr 8, 2013.

1. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Hi all
    So you all have heard from me off and on. My foot pain has almost gotten better, piriformis disappeared and hasn't come back since Nov last year. Struggling with anxiety past three months which comes and goes and terrible nosophobia past few days. I had a bout of something viral, allergies etc and didn't get better after amoxicillan saw the dr, did blood work, all looks good except some low iron which I have had always. My mind is trying to convince me to worry and get all worked up with some big disease coming my way/already being there. My physical pain is gone, all I feel are some remnants of fatigue/viral flu that Steve O in his book lists as TMS equivalents: chills, cold hand and feet, hot flashes, anxiety, sinus congestion. SO now my challenge is to get through these to the other side so I can do my 5K walk that I registered for end of the month given my plantar fasciitis/foot pain was almost gone.Any thoughts/wisdom will be so helpful right now before I succumb to this crazy mind and slide back to feeling all sick...
    Thanks so much

2. Sheree

Sheree Well known member

How absolutely wonderful that your pain is gone- you have done so well. As you say you have the remnants of a virus, so please do not worry. It is quite possible that it was just a virus and not TMS. Either way you will soon be better. As for the 5k walk - take the pressure off yourself. If you are well by then and you most likely will be, then all well and good, but do not push yourself too hard.