1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

need some advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by abezz, May 15, 2018.

1. abezz

abezz Peer Supporter

i really need to work on self soothing and self love. and really need to learn how to meditate. i need good advice on some techniques for both. please and thanks to all of you.

2. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

Hi Abezz,
    Have you done Alan's new Pain Recovery Program? Is has excellent information and exercises on self soothing and self love. Start with it.

Regarding meditation, there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of YouTube videos and apps available for download onto phones. Many are free. Deepak Chopra has good ones and Andrew Weil has an excellent audiobook on breathing, but there are so many good ones. I like Pema Chodron because she is a Buddhist monk who talks like a native New Yorker and takes the seriousness out of meditation. Remember when you meditate: it is impossible to empty your mind of all thoughts; you can have a great meditation session one day and a racing mind the next so don't turn it into another thing to beat yourself up over. (Pema's talks are good because she talks about meditating for decades and still having a racing mind.); a 5 minute meditation is better than no meditation.

Lizzy likes this.