1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

need help i had a spasm

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by brendan537, Jan 20, 2016.

1. brendan537

brendan537 Peer Supporter

I just currently had my first 2 weeks in 3 years with no pain. This past weekend my brother was messing with me and we started wrestling and I felt something pop in my right lower back.... my pain the last 3 years has been crippling and paralyzing but it was on my left side not my right. right as I started feeling better this happens and now I am in paralyzing pain which is bringing back old emotions such as severe depression I cant do simple day to day tasks. someone help what do I do? im only 21 years old.

2. she333

she333 Peer Supporter

I have heard this can happen. That we can recover from one area and then our brain picks another 2 attack. And that was probably an easy spot because you already experienced than the other side of your body. I know it's depressing the cousins of being what we really focus on. But oh my goodness you did get better at one point! How did you do that? I'm kind of asking that rhetorically so that you can apply those same skills towards this injury. Or I shouldn't call it an injury, I should call it TMS. But if you did it before you can do it again. You climbed out of this hole, please don't let it suck you back in.

3. brendan537

brendan537 Peer Supporter

the pain on the left side was a burning, achy pain usually a 7 out of 10 for 3 years straight. I am finding it hard to apply the same approach to my right side now because the pain is a stabbing pain kind of like a pinched nerve pain as soon as I bend over or use those muscles what so ever it shoots me back up with a 10 out of 10 pain so I am having a hard time applying the same approach.

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Brendan, it sounds like it is probably just TMS. If it is, then you can overcome it - it's just a matter of time, determination, and overcoming your fear. However, as always, it is important to see a doctor to rule out anything structural such as a broken bone or a sprain.