1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Neck spasm and grabbing by the neck

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by silentflutes, Mar 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. silentflutes

silentflutes Peer Supporter

I have neck spasm for 7-8 years and there is bulge behind my neck.

Upon waking up today, I had insight. Not sure what to do, sharing over here.

The experience of this continuous neck spasm - It feels like someone is grabbing me by the neck and forcing me to do things - that I don't like, don't want. And it turns out that someone grabbing my neck is me - myself. My fears, tensions, stress, worries - the other parts of me - that is grabbing my neck.

Has anyone experience or felt this way?

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Absolutely.
    My symptoms are wild and there’s an old “new” one -visual Migraines.
    My mind clearly wants me to “see” what is really going on, I have an idea, but have not found “the source” maybe I never will.
    I know this sounds silly but why not ask you neck what it needs you to know? You might get an answer now, later or not.. but it never hurts to ask!

3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I had similar symptoms in my hands. It is all gone, thanks to Dr. Sarno and many good people on this forum. It is TMS, and you are on the right track.