1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 My TMS treatment so far

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lilibet, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Lilibet

Lilibet Peer Supporter

I had minimal doubts when I began the SEP, and they are basically gone, thanks to the daily articles and experiences of others. I'm becoming more aware of the pressure I put on myself to be perfect, do good and be liked. I'm more able to see this about myself with kindness.

I had an "aha moment" the other day when I realized the many ways I try to avoid doing this work. Today I made a decision not to take on an extra commitment in July because I saw that it would distract me from doing this program effectively, and it would have been a HUGE avoidance tactic! :)

My pain has increased, and two more body parts are yelling at me in the past two days. I'm trying to remember to reassure them that they are really OK and tell myself that it is safe to look at my emotions.

This journey is not going to be a walk in the park, but I can see that the benefits will be even more far-reaching than being pain free.

Japanchick likes this.
  2. Japanchick

Japanchick New Member

Hi Lilibet, thanks for your support for my difficulties.

I have just read your post for today.

I too avoid the work too. I tell myself I'm ok, I don't really need to do the SEP today. But that eventually comes back to bite me. Now I'm having an allergic rhinitis attack. That's the TMS symptom that I had previously managed to eliminate for some time. I think we need to do this work even on the days we think we don't' have to. Of course, we can take a break from time to time, but I'm starting to think that too long a "break" becomes avoidance eventually.

It's hard. I hope we can both make some more progress.. Hang in there!

3. Lilibet

Lilibet Peer Supporter

Thanks! We'll get there. :)