1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 My TMS journey till date

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Anshushakti, Jan 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Anshushakti

Anshushakti New Member

I was very active ( both physically and socially) 27 year guy who loves to walk/Jog/ weight lifting in gym and sports ( specially cricket). I didn't know what is a back pain. Stress and anger are unknown buddies for me. But one day i started feeling mild low back pain. Obviously like every one i ignored that but pain continued for couple of weeks. I went to play cricket and got a muscle spasm on left side of my low back which was so bad that i have to stay on bed for 4-5 days. i was waiting for myself to get better and i was recovering. Slowly i started feeling that left side muscle spasm is healed but i started feeling pain at middle of my low back that creates problem while i am sitting. Being a software engineer that was a difficult situation to deal with. Visited doctors,physiotherapists,another doctor another physiotherapist but thing didn't improve. Finally i decided to get MRI done. MRI showed up disc space reduction between L4-L5 and doctor told it was since my childhood. Now this didn't make sense to me. Now i was completely convinced that pain is 50% in my mind and 50% in my body.. I was very very much stressed out. At the same time parents were forcing to get married. Stress increased by 200%. You can say i was just looking for something who can tell me it's in my mind. Then on a fine saturday i found something about a book which is magical. I read comments and surprised. Decided to buy this book. Ordered in in Amazon but fortunately i got it online for free. Read it and found it was 100% in my body but root cause was 100% in my mind.
    it has been a week and i won't say my pain has been reduced. But i would say pain has stopped bothering me and i am doing all activities.. Living a normal life without getting bothered about pain. Of course when i play cricket my pain increases but i know that is completely conditioned mind. Hoping for getting improved ASAP and my target is not to just get better but to reach at the same point where i was earlier ( Pain to come in my mind as the last thing)

KevinB likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I think you have a very good understanding of the Dr. Sarno practice and view, like this:
    I wish you the best in learning more and more, and letting the fear of pain drop away...
    Andy B.

3. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing and I hope to read you more as you journey further through the program.
    Blessings,

Kevin

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

• Hi, Anshushkati. I think you are off to a very good start in the SEProgram and in your thinking about TMS recovery, not to monitor it as level of pain but to focus on feeling better as you engage in activities. I agree with Andy and Kevin that you have a good handle on the TMS MindBody concept of Dr. Sarno.
    • If you are still getting pressure to get married, 27 is such a young age, you should not be in a hurry for that. I am not in a hurry to get married and I am 85. I love being a bachelor with a dog. I almost was engaged with three different girls but hardly remember their names or faces. I do remember the names and faces of my dogs.

Anshushakti likes this.