1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 My Story

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by charliesmom, Dec 23, 2022.

1. charliesmom

charliesmom Newcomer

Hi! My name is Nicole and I just started Day 1 of this program. I am excited to get started and hope that I can get the most out of this program. I am suffered with chronic pain for about 15 years - mainly from Fibromyalgia, Intersistal Cystitis, IBS and a host of digestive issues that go with it, anxiety and depression. Over the past years I have done two different neural retraining programs and have made some great success, but there is still these chronic issues that present in my daily life. I know that there is a missing piece in the puzzle and I think TMS may be it. I have read one of Dr. John Sarno's book and follow Nicole Sachs and Dan Bugglio, so I am familiar with the teachings of Sarno, but finding it hard to implement it into my life.

I believe and accept that I have a TMS diagnosis because I listen to all the stories and every single person is me. When I read success stories I feel like I could have written their backgrounds because it fits my life perfectly. Even though I do believe it I don't know why I am having a hard time implementing it. I am hoping that by taking this program it will be the missing piece. My rational brain knows that it is TMS but I am having a hard time of completely convincing myself it is. Even when I see the symptoms go all over my body - stomach one minute and then bladder then next and then whole body the next - where one stops the other begins. My whole fear is that my brain will never catch on and I won't be able to control the anxiety and fear that I have surrounding my pain and my health. Fear is my biggest concern.

Thank you listening and I am happy to be here. :)

Baseball65 and JanAtheCPA like this.