1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 MY STORY DAY 10.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by winterhaven123, Aug 4, 2014.

1. winterhaven123

winterhaven123 Peer Supporter

Day 10 for Me & am in need of support. I am feeling no better. Maybe worse. I have been through years of Stress & Emotional Abuse. I have been doing all my work form Day 1 My body is frozen in the pain cycle what is the best way to get unstuck? The pain is constant. The more I try to do the worse I feel. I know Ive seen the question posted before about. The longer & more Severe you been in pain does it take longer to feel some relief? I know this is TMS but cant believe how disabling it can be. Anyone been here? I have been doing some Meditation it's been hard for Me to Focus.

2. Jenny

Jenny New Member

Hi - I found that what Dr Sarno said is true. The pain can sometimes get worse before it gets better. In fact, about 10 days in my neck pain got severly worse - it would physically make me flinch. Around day 15 it got so bad I had nausea and vomitted. I refused to let it get to me and got really angry with my brain for ruining my perfectly good weekend away. I am not perfect. I did see an osteopath who massaged out the knots and it's allowed me to realise that it was just me not accepting that there is nothing physically wrong with my neck. My osteopath even confirmed it for me (told me that having a long neck is not a problem!). It's taken at least 30 days to get to some acceptance and my neck pain has 98% disappeared. More importantly I'm not fearful of an attack because I know what it is now.
    If it does, I hope my experience helps in some way.

3. winterhaven123

winterhaven123 Peer Supporter

Appreciate your reply. For Me it's been most constant for 4 years. Everyday all day. I finally cut the sting on a severe emotional relationship. Ive been back & forth like a puppet & Yo Yo for the past 13 years. I know in my mind this is the last of it. I refuse to ever go back. I have learned through out all the TMS research this is the cause of my pain. it manifested throughout my entire nervous system. So I am aware what is going on. My body is stuck in the fight flight freeze response & I cant control it. Right now I need all the support I can get. My body is in lock down. thanks for your support. Judy

4. Jenny

Jenny New Member

I have been in constant pain for over seven years. I know how hard it can be. You will get better! All the best. Jenny

5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Judy,

Are you taking any medication for pain? Dr. Sarno states that it is OK for severe pain and even prescribed it at times (if I remember correctly from my reading). Using it temporarily to calm things down so you can focus on using TMS healing techniques may be beneficial to you. So I suggest discussing this with your doctor.

I think I may have suggested this to you before, but doing "diaphragmatic breathing", also known as belly breathing, is proven to calm the nervous system. It helped me a lot and I still do it at bedtime to help me calm for sleep. You can "google" it to find the technique. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll send you a link.

And keep reading and re-reading TMS books. Repetition is key to getting it to really sink in.

Know that being pain-free is in your future. Be kind to yourself while you work toward getting there.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Winterhaven. That emotional relationship must be causing your pain.

You sound like you need some extra help, so I suggest you take advantage of the free TMS Therapist Program this site offers.

Anyone can submit their own question by using the following form: http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/forms/ask-a-tms-therapist.1/respond . Since the answerers are therapists, the best questions will be about psychological healing.

Let us know how this goes. Jenny and Ellen are right that you will get well if you keep working on the TMS healing techniques in the TMS books.

Ellen likes this.