1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 My recovery depends on me

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lilibet, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Lilibet

Lilibet Peer Supporter

I did all the reading and exercises for Day 2. Brian's story was very inspiring. I had some trouble with writing down three things that make me angry and sad. The things that make me angry involve the imperfections of others and the things that make me sad involve my own imperfections (guilt). But I know I have a lot of anger at myself that I don't really want to look at.

On the commitment page, I struggled a little with finding favorite activities that TMS has prevented me from doing, because I've never been a really active person. But I dug deep and came up with three. :) I put the various dates I plan to do these things again in my day planner as "TMS comitments." I really liked this quote on the commitment page:

"Remember: your recovery depends on you. If you commit to this program and doing the work, you will defeat TMS. Everything from this point forward is going to depend on you. It is now time for you to take responsibility for your health and for your treatment."