1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

My panic attacks have just increased.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Wheelchair, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Wheelchair

Wheelchair New Member

Need help, i'm having a lot of panic attacks lately, basically i'm on the 3rd day of SEP program. I was trying to re write my history as back i can remember, even from since i was in kindergarten, those tiny glimpse of image that go through my mind . I reached to a conclusion where i figured out three emotions. Fear, Anger, Shame. I basically start to shiver(given that it's still winter) once i'm aware of incoming danger (Is this normal). And does this panic attack indicate that i've identified my repressed emotions or what do they mean. Help me out, i'm very much in more fear than i was before because of this panic attacks. My pain reduced to 30% on day 1 after i read the book, i'm rereading it and following up with SEP but the pain level is same but it's just moving to different location or sometimes i'm feeling pain in two or more different location at the same time.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

It is absolutely normal to experience rise in negative emotions as physical pain decreases. You need to learn how to process and dispose of negative emotions safely for your body. Remember, your physical pain was caused by your habitual repression of these emotions. Do you see a direct connection now? Panic attacks are caused by anxiety, which is one of the negative emotions. Keep working through emotions. To me, Claire Weekes's audios are the most powerful tool to overcome anxiety. I recommend them over her book, because even her voice has a healing energy in it.

The shifting pattern of your pain symptoms is another reliable proof that what you have is TMS and you should continue on your path. Good luck!

Dorado likes this.
  3. Wheelchair

Wheelchair New Member

R
    Roger and yea thanks for the advice, these past few days have gone great for me, i've learned to be more calm, my smile is back which was buried like 2 years back wherein i suffered the trauma and hence the pain but even though i've had strong fear generated throughout my childhood, i would be scared of stuffs that i shouldn't be, like Dogs for example. I strongly believe it is the fear that has caused me the pain but i'm at the same time very cautious about what should my next step be towards healing, How would you suggest me to get out of these repressed fear, i'm doing the SEP and i'm on day 5th. Reduction in pain but the Fear level is as high it was when i started.

TG957 likes this.
  4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Fear is very hard to get rid of. It took me almost a year. Somatic meditation was a godsend. I learned how to deal with negative emotions. You are doing very well.

BinLA likes this.